Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
DECOEXSA endorses René Dubos’ maxim to “Think globally, act locally” and therefore integrates corporate social responsibility into our Policy.
It is another concept through which we integrate our social, environmental, ethical, and economic concerns both in our activity and in our interactions with other parties, voluntarily and based on the basic premise of respect for the law.
DECOEXSA understands and accepts that CSR integrates both the rights and duties of the company in relation to civil society.
Therefore, it decides to act as:
a) A responsible company with our employees and shareholders: we will encourage both diversity (disabled, …) and professional equality between men-women and vice versa in our HR policy. We will identify and retain talent among our employees in order to enable professional development in a motivating work environment. In our relationship with shareholders, we will base our economic viability in accordance with social interest, maximising our long-term business value with the common interest of all our shareholders.
b) Ideal partner so that Customers can grow in a lasting way: we will promote fluid and permanent communication with Customers with the intention of improving the service offered and being able to deliver the required service.
c) Include suppliers and collaborators in our CSR: our contractual relationship must be based on ethics and mutual respect. In addition, one of the fundamental pillars will be our commitment to meet the agreed payment deadlines and to maintain a relationship of trust versus loyalty.
d) Act for the good of the environment: contribute to sustainable development through the rational use of natural and energy resources.
e) Good commercial practices: we will avoid spreading malicious information about competitors. When searching for commercial information, we will not violate any ethical and legal rules that could protect it.
DECOEXSA collaborates with the NGO Txingudi Vida
DECOEXSA’s Policy of Good Practices and Ethics
DECOEXSA endorses “Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do.” (Potter Stewart) and therefore considers that the business and professional behaviour of the people who are part of our organisation must be based on a series of principles.
These basic principles make up the Code of Good Practices and Ethics to which all employees and directors of DECOEXSA must adhere, which is based on the following guidelines of conduct:
1. Ethical integrity:
The business and professional activities of DECOEXSA and all our employees will be based on the value of integrity and will be developed in accordance with the principles of honesty, legislation and ethical practices in force around the world.
DECOEXSA will treat all information from our employees, suppliers and Customers with responsibility and always respecting current legislation. We will also avoid any conflict of interest, establishing policies that prevent and avoid irregular payments, money laundering, situations of corruption, bribery, and will prohibit the consumption of alcohol and drugs.
3. Respect for Human Rights:
DECOEXSA is committed to treating all people with consideration and fairness and will respect, in particular, the basic rights contained in documents such as the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which prohibits the use of child labour and forced labour and recognises workers’ basic labour rights (living wage, social benefits, right to rest, freedom of association, and fair working conditions, among others).
DECOEXSA will prohibit harassment and discrimination in the workplace on the basis of sex, age, race, skin colour, social origin, ethnicity or nationality, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, and other legal status.
4. Compliance with Antitrust and Free Competition Laws:
DECOEXSA will strictly abide by the laws, regulations, and rules for the defence of free competition as well as all provisions governing commercial practices, monopolies, unfair competition, restrictions on trade and competition, and relations with competitors and Customers.
5. Fight against Corruption
DECOEXSA complies with all laws, rules, and regulations in force in the fight against corruption, including in foreign countries. We will not organise, encourage, or tolerate any form of corruption, bribery, fraud, embezzlement, extortion or other illegal practices such as the provision of payments or other benefits to individuals, companies or administrations with the intention of influencing decision-making, whether or not they violate the laws currently in force.
Procurement Policy and Relations with Suppliers
DECOEXSA establishes, as a strategic objective, the importance of minimising the overall cost of procuring services and equipment, ensuring compliance based on approved operational processes and the fulfilment of requirements defined by the Client.
To this end, supplier selection processes follow criteria of objectivity, impartiality, and equal opportunities, avoiding any favouritism or interference of conflicts of interest in their selection.
In this regard, DECOEXSA implements and promotes the following basic principles of action:
1. Knowing the expectations of the Client as a basic condition to meet their needs and contribute value.
2. Encouraging collaboration with suppliers in the achievement of the annual targets set and improving procurement conditions for the performance of contracted services.
3. Promoting rigorous compliance by suppliers with contractual conditions and current regulations for each type of contracted activity, such as the following:
• Air freight (export): Strict compliance with DECOEXSA’s National Air Safety Plan for suppliers involved in any of the phases of the air cargo process.
• ADR Road Transport: Application of the ADR agreement in force.
• Transport of Chemical Products (SQAS): Compliance with the requirements specified in that standard.
• Storage and distribution of food products: Compliance with applicable legislation and the Food Safety Protocol established by DECOEXSA.
4. Strengthening transparency and non-discrimination by establishing an honest professional framework and rigorously applying the DECOEXSA Group Code of Practice and Ethics.
5. Promoting environmental responsibility, valuing the use and development of technological means that are respectful of the environment.
6. Promoting a policy of stable relationships based on the search for continuous improvement and mutual benefit, promoting innovation and development activities.
7. Promoting Safety with carriers through mechanisms to track drivers, as well as monitoring the equipment used.
8. In the case of secondary procurement, compliance with the requirements of the Client and the regulations applicable to each case must be guaranteed
9. Prohibition of alcohol and drug use
DECOEXSA declares its commitment to the establishment and development of policies that integrate equal treatment and opportunities between women and men, with no discrimination directly or indirectly based on sex, as well as in the promotion of measures to achieve real equality within our organisation, establishing equal opportunities between women and men.